Lincare Customer Service Representative
Training or Education and Experience:
Minimum of one year experience in a similar position. Must have proven human relations skills dealing with referral sources, patients, and administrative departments. Must be computer proficient and possess general office skills such as typing and filing.
Responsibilities include the following essential functions:
- Answers all incoming calls and is usually the first contact for referral sources and patients. Makes determination of required action.
- Takes service orders from physicians or other referral sources; places the order internally.
- Coordinates new patient delivery schedule with the service area.
- Process patient information where accuracy and timely processing is most important.
- Verifies insurance coverage and advises collections department of required actions for billing.
- Maintains copy of current patient files and files on referral sources.
- Responds to new and existing patients' requests.
- Handles mail for the center including responding to requests for information from internal sources when possible.
- Must be knowledgeable of existing and new information regarding Lincare equipment and insurance carrier policies.
- In smaller centers (5 or less employees) would be DOT certified and be able to fill in for the service representative in emergencies and be available for on call on weekends and evenings.
- Must be capable of obtaining a commercial drivers license.
Job descriptions are written in a general way and include a sufficient number of duties to determine the level and degree of skill and responsibility required of the job.