Approximately 16 million Americans are receiving treatment for COPD that is helping them to live longer and better with this serious lung disease. But several millions more have COPD and aren’t yet diagnosed.
Here are the facts:
- COPD is the third leading cause of death in the U.S.
- Smoking tobacco is one of the most common causes of COPD
- More than 24 million Americans have COPD
- 300 million worldwide, and numbers are on the rise
- Every four minutes someone dies from COPD
- COPD kills nearly two times the number of women than breast cancer
- COPD costs the government $40-70 BILLION in both direct and indirect expenses
- Nearly one out of every five patients (40 years or older) in U.S. hospitals had a diagnosis of COPD
Lincare can Help
Living with COPD can be challenging, but you're not in it alone. We are here for you, and providing state-of-the-art pulmonary treatment is part of our standard of care. Our respiratory therapy program may improve health-related quality of life while receiving the medical treatment you need.
Respiratory illnesses are common medical conditions, yet being diagnosed with one can still be overwhelming. Fortunately, treatment options and oxygen supplies are available so you can continue living life on your terms. Learn more about our Oxygen Therapy Treatments
Home Ventilator Care
A non-invasive home ventilator is an advanced respiratory treatment that increases your ability to breathe more freely. Learn more about our Ventilator Therapy Services